Sunday 4 March 2007

I Hate Nightclubs

I Was A Cub Scout @ Fuzz Club
Rotary Ten @ The Leadmill
Fury Of The Headteachers @ Under The Boardwalk


Thanks to the magic of band equations, I can describe I Was A Cub Scout in the following way:

The Postal Service + The Dismemeberment Plan ÷ Minus The Bear = I Was A Cub Scout

They are young and full of beans and spunk. Lots of running about and looked a bit scared at how big the gig was; but not too scared, they are seasoned professionals at this touring lark. I have run out of things to say (again); I'm not very good at this blogging thing. IWAC had a couple of less good songs in their set, but "Pink Squares" is very good, as are some more whose titles I don't know. Just listen to them here. The only thing I can add is Todd got his balls out in front of me. If that doesn't persuade you nothing will.

Last night Rotary Ten played The Leadmill. Not their best performance ever, but they are still better than Dark Sparks and Alavarez Kings who also played. Interestingly, Alvarex Kings wrote all their stage patter down on their singer's setlist; I imagine it's fairly easy to forgot to introduce your new song by saying "this is a new song". After the Ten, J and I hot stepped it to DnR to see a very drunk Fury Of The Headteachers play a very fast, very short set. Warren broke three mics. Much better than Decay In Decade, who supported IWAC. Bad support bands are my favourite.



Only nine more months of blogging. I'm running out of ideas fast.

No comments: