Sunday 25 March 2007

Cool As Folk


Slow Club/Indigo Moss @ The Raynor Lounge, 21/03
Black Wire @ Fuzz Club, 22/03

Given that I pretty much don't like any folk bands, it was with a certain amount of reservation that I headed to the Raynor Lounge for the Cool As Folk 1st birthday party.
As I went in, I caught the end of the first act, which consisted of one man feeding back his guitar. These folk kids have won me over. Slow Club play a kind of chirpy, jaunty folk thing. It could well be anti-folk. I've no idea. Listen to them yourself. Here. Indigo Moss were more straight down the line folk. They had a banjo, which never bodes well. Their set confirmed my suspicions that no band with a banjo are good. They also fell foul to the Raynor Lounge Sound Problem. Not enough mandolin in the monitors.
So that was my folking night out.

I fell I should also congratulate Black Wire; they've recently got themselves a proper drummer to replace their drum machine and they still suck as much as ever. Well done boys!

1 comment:

Pi said...

i like your blog. you should put mp3s on it.