Friday 2 May 2008

Return Of The Blog

Hello there, blog fans. It's been a while hasn't it? I'm not sure why I've not written anything for so long. But fear not, for there is a brand new web application that I'm taking advantage of for this return post. Yes that's right, I've made a Muxtape. Only two months behind everyone else. Details below.

Hello, I made a mix tape for you and called it "9 Songs Not As Good As Born To Run."

1. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
2. The Jesus Lizard - Boilermaker
3. Drive Like Jehu - Caress
4. Black Flag - Six Pack
5. Archers Of Load - Wrong
6. Pissed Jeans - I've Still Got You (Ice Cream)
7. Make Believe - Sam Rollerskating Backwards
8. Dirty Projectors - Six Pack
9. The Hold Steady - Killer Parties

Bonus points to anyone who spots the title reference. Some of these bands are playing at ATP Vs Pitchfork, so this should act as a primer of sorts. I should have some more bands to write about after that weekend but who knows?

I also made a Muxtape for a feature on Sweeping The Nation. It's songs from the year 1995. I wrote a hilarious track by track description on the Drowned In Sound message board, but I didn't save it so you'll have to make up your own jokes. Sorry.

Eventually this blog may become active in the future; I'm already planning some entries but I think it depends on me finding some stuff that is exciting in some way. There may even be a face lift along the way (by this I mean change the background to white).

Enough of my typing. Listen to some music.

BYE!

No comments: