Wednesday 24 January 2007

Chips Ahoy!

Record of the Week: The Hold Steady "Boys and Girls in Amercia"


It sounds like Bruce Springsteen, with Jack Kerouac references. It also reminds me of Jawbreaker in a way. Rock and roll played by people who grew on hardcore and the like. Good lyrics from the guy who used to sing in Lifter Puller. Apparently the pharse "America's Jarvis Cocker" has been used. I could probably get behind that. Worth checking out I say.

Here's a myspace link: here.

And here's some words that i picked out:

"we had some massive highs.

we had some crushing lows.

we had some lusty little crushes

we had those all ages hardcore matinee shows."



I also acquired the new Bloc Party album. I'm not convinced.


Is this good enough to be a regular feature? Probably not.

I have no idea if this blog has had any views. Oh well.

No comments: